Tuesday, June 13, 2017

100% Supported

“I don’t want my life to be explainable without the Holy Spirit. I want people to look at my life and know that I couldn’t be doing this by my own power.”
― Francis Chan, Forgotten God

It is with great joy I am writing this to announce that God has provided me with 100% of my support goal to go to Romania between what has already come in and what has been pledged.  I cannot sufficiently express my gratitude to those who have felt led to give.  If you would still like to pledge support, additional money will go towards ministry expenses, and what is not used for ministry while I’m there will go to the orphanage. Thank you to The Pier Church in Wyoming, MI for launching me past the 100% mark by providing the $2500 for purchasing a car!  If you want to see a man tear up in front of everyone, tell him that you’re buying him a car.

My goal of $1800 per month was, in part, symbolic of the 18 months that I will be spending in Romania.  I am excited about the work God has in store for me while I’m there, and with a full ministry budget I trust that He has a lot of work for me to do.  4 months ago I had not started raising support yet and I placed this huge financial goal in God’s hands.  I fully understood that if I were to meet my goal before summer, it would only be because God did it and not me.  What a blessing to know that God, through the work of the Holy Spirit, reinforced my call to go by fully supplying for the work. I reflect on Hudson Taylor’s words regarding the faithfulness of God’s provision for the work he has called us to do:

“It seemed to me that if there were lack of funds to carry on work, then to that degree, in that special development, or at that time, it could not be the work of God.” 
“God's work, done in God's way, will never lack God's supply.”
― James Hudson Taylor

Some of you know that I have adopted Proverbs 3:5-6 as my life verse, meaning that I meditate on it often and allow it to guide me.  There are so many verses that are close to my heart, many of the rest speak about God’s unfailing love and grace for my wretched self.  I chose Proverbs 3:5-6 because I spent years struggling to find God’s will for my life while not taking these words to heart. 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

The more that I learned to trust Him and submit TODAY to God, the clearer my path became.  I spent a long time being frustrated, not knowing what God wanted me to be doing 5 years from now, but I wasn’t asking Him how I could serve Him where He has me today.  I am thankful that he has given me direction for my next phase in life, but I am also thankful that He taught me to focus on today first. 

As I follow God in this next step, please pray that I continue to submit to Him every day and in everything.  Pray that the Holy Spirit would work through me in ways that cannot be attributed to human capabilities.  Pray that He would make straight my path for each day, and ultimately make straight my path for what He has in store for me after 18 months in Romania.

I leave from Toronto on June 27th and arrive at Casa Dorca in Romania late in the night on June 28th

God bless,

Nate Storvik

No comments: