Thursday, September 25, 2014

Here am I. Send Me

This is part 4 in a series of blog posts reflecting on my time in Romania.

Many of you who have heard the way I talk about Romania know that my heart did not return to America.  I fell in love with a country I knew nothing about a year ago.  Longing to be back in Romania made it difficult to find motivation to do anything here in Michigan.  God picked me up out of my sorrow and told me he still had a job for me here in Michigan, which I have regained my excitement for.  Yet he also told me that Romania will, one day, be my home. 


About 4 weeks ago I was speaking with my friend Simeon in a coffee shop.  We were discussing the possibility of me moving to Romania for long-term missions.  I said that the main roadblock is my debt.  I have to be debt free in order to go.  While I was still having this conversation, I got an email from my realtor saying that we had an offer on my house.   The offer was for the amount that I needed to pay off all my debt.  I do not believe in coincidence.  I believe that it was a crystal clear sign from God that this was his will for me.  He knew that I would need such clarity.  The past month has been difficult and discouraging as it starts to sink in that I will be leaving behind those who are very dear to me.  The thought of being on the other side of the world from my best friend and my family has been wearing on me.  He knew that I would need such clarity, or maybe I would be tempted to settle for the comfortable.  He has called me out into the unknown and I am as excited as I am freaked out.  I don't know what the future timeline will be for this.  I am tentatively planning to spend most of the summer next year in Romania and investigate the possibility of moving there long-term.  I would appreciate your prayers as I continue to seek the Lord's will and as I will begin to raise support soon for this.  

"Here am I. Send me!"  -Isaiah 6:8b


No comments: